More than a shoe?

Geez. I just spent 30 minutes on the Converse web site. I innocently stumbled upon the "Converse Gallery,".

It's a pretty engaging site, featuring a number of 24-second independent film shorts that are positive, quirky, highly creative and "inspired by converse." You'll note several of them being featured as TV ads. I saw one on VH1 last night.

The Converse Gallery definitely appeals to the film major in me... but it's worth a tour for anyone! While it's hard to choose a favorite, I suggest you mouse over the gallery selector (bottom of the page) and check out:

- Amazing Russell
- Lucky Laces
- Dogs
- Giant Leap
- Charles
- Reflections
- Doubles
- Fishy
- Phlip
- John's Polka
- Spin the bottle

I'd love to see a customer-based rating system for these films!

The short films do a decent job of demonstrating that this brand is more than a shoe. It's about history and nostalgia. It's about culture and individualism. The brand is an experience; it's a lifestyle. Even if you don't wear it, you'll recognize it.

Now, the site can overwhelm a browser with a cacophony of product choices - from the bad to the plaid. You'll find the staple shoes as well as innovative new designs from Chuck Taylor and Jack Purcell. Grab your traditional shoe, or check out professionally endorsed gear by Dwayne Richards.

However, as broad as the product choices are, it occurs to me that it may well represent the broad reach Converse has with its audience.

Anyway -- it's a real treat. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

POST HISTORY

RECENT COMMENTS

SEARCH

CONNECT

TwitterLinkedInYouTubePosterousFacebook G+

LEIGH DURST

LEIGH DURST
I’m Leigh Durst, a 20 year veteran in business, operations, customer strategy, ecommerce, digital & social media and marketing. Simply put, I’m a strategist that helps companies (start-up to blue chip) achieve business shift, create more compelling online and offline experiences. I also write, speak and teach about experience design and next-generation business. I’m a futurist, visionary, strategist, doer and connector with a passion for people and helping others. When I’m not on the road, you’ll find me in the San Francisco bay area, working, beaching it and hanging out with my family and dog.

NEW! FEATURED IN

NEW!  FEATURED IN
The Customer Experience Edge

CO-AUTHOR OF

CO-AUTHOR OF
Age of Conversation 3 - Get yours now in hardcover, paperback and for the Kindle.

CONTRIBUTOR TO

CONTRIBUTOR TO
Web Redesign: Workflow that Works