Leavin' and Teachin'

What's scarier? The ghosts and ghouls of Halloween, or spending 12 hours on a plane?

Okay, let's face it. The marathon flight wins! Mine will be made worse by the fact that I could only get coach class and an aisle seat on a packed flight tomorrow. <:-0 Cue the Psycho music and a scream of terror! At least it isn't a middle seat!

Your pity will end as I state that I'm leaving for Honolulu, where I'll be teaching a User Experience Intensive at the University of Hawaii. The courses are a part of the University's Extension Certification program in Web Design. I'll be filling in for my buddy, the highly esteemed Kelly Goto.

While it will be nearly impossible to fill her shoes, looking forward to combining much of her wisdom and my own knowledge, to present material from Kelly's internationally best-selling book, "Web Re-Design: Workflow that Works". Here's an overview of the Intensive:

User Experience Intensive
  • Project Management: Purpose, Profiles and Processes
  • Information Design: Interface Structure & Style
  • Usability Testing & Training

    The University of Hawaii has a rich tradition of bringing in strong faculty from respected companies like Adobe and Macromedia to support these extension programs. The course work is highly interactive and tailored to meet the needs of the students who attend -- and, of course, it's in Hawaii! Who wouldn't want to go? Consider it for the future! For more information, on the web certification program, click here.
  • 0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    POST HISTORY

    RECENT COMMENTS

    SEARCH

    CONNECT

    TwitterLinkedInYouTubePosterousFacebook G+

    LEIGH DURST

    LEIGH DURST
    I’m Leigh Durst, a 20 year veteran in business, operations, customer strategy, ecommerce, digital & social media and marketing. Simply put, I’m a strategist that helps companies (start-up to blue chip) achieve business shift, create more compelling online and offline experiences. I also write, speak and teach about experience design and next-generation business. I’m a futurist, visionary, strategist, doer and connector with a passion for people and helping others. When I’m not on the road, you’ll find me in the San Francisco bay area, working, beaching it and hanging out with my family and dog.

    NEW! FEATURED IN

    NEW!  FEATURED IN
    The Customer Experience Edge

    CO-AUTHOR OF

    CO-AUTHOR OF
    Age of Conversation 3 - Get yours now in hardcover, paperback and for the Kindle.

    CONTRIBUTOR TO

    CONTRIBUTOR TO
    Web Redesign: Workflow that Works