Who's Getting it Right?

There are plenty of great examples of what's going wrong with customer experience out there. Mark Hurst takes an insightful and interesting look at broken, everyday experiences at thisisbroken.com.

It's certainly easier for me personally to recognize what's wrong than to find and celebrate good experience - but we should do this. It supports optimism.

I'd like to begin to catalog the companies that are getting it right. Drop your comments and insight here so we can all "talk amongst ourselves." In the immortal words of Linda Richmond, "The chick pea is neither a chick, nor a pea. Discuss."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One word: Apple.

The only challenge is easily getting software for my Mac. The store experience, the online experience - it's all excellent.

- Tad Mason, New York

Unknown said...

Okay, so after getting coffee the other day, I thought about the cumulative experience at 7-11. Despite variations in cleanliness and helpfulness of staff, I always know what to expect at 7-11. I can find my coffee, soda, protein bars, string cheese and magazines with ease. I can find the ATM, the slurpee machine... it's all totally predictable and the quality is consistent. I will go to 7-11 over other convenience stores for this reason. Anyone else?

Post a Comment

POST HISTORY

RECENT COMMENTS

SEARCH

CONNECT

TwitterLinkedInYouTubePosterousFacebook G+

LEIGH DURST

LEIGH DURST
I’m Leigh Durst, a 20 year veteran in business, operations, customer strategy, ecommerce, digital & social media and marketing. Simply put, I’m a strategist that helps companies (start-up to blue chip) achieve business shift, create more compelling online and offline experiences. I also write, speak and teach about experience design and next-generation business. I’m a futurist, visionary, strategist, doer and connector with a passion for people and helping others. When I’m not on the road, you’ll find me in the San Francisco bay area, working, beaching it and hanging out with my family and dog.

NEW! FEATURED IN

NEW!  FEATURED IN
The Customer Experience Edge

CO-AUTHOR OF

CO-AUTHOR OF
Age of Conversation 3 - Get yours now in hardcover, paperback and for the Kindle.

CONTRIBUTOR TO

CONTRIBUTOR TO
Web Redesign: Workflow that Works