Experience the Old & New

I’m traveling again, which is why the posts are slim. Internet access is sporadic where I’ve been, and I’m using this as my excuse to make a true effort to unplug. Yeaah. Right.

I flew via Madrid to Alicante Spain and then took a taxi to Altea to meet a friend from San Francisco for a little girl time and relaxation. On Friday night, we had a very late dinner at a small place called “El Perro Negro” downtown. A French man who spoke excellent English served us Italian lasagna, even though the kitchen had closed. Afterward, my friend Kelly and I jumped into a German taxi for a quick ride through the ciudad antigua (old part of the city).

At its highest point, the view of the harbor is great, and a quaint city square branches off into narrow, well lighted streets full of quaint shops and cafes. In the city square, the blue cupolas of the cathedral blend with the night sky. Some of the streets in Altea aren’t wide enough for cars – and others just so.

As we careened through the narrow streets of the village, I was more than mildly entertained by the fact that our brand new cab sported a very nice GPS system, which was doing an admirable job of plotting the maze of streets in front of us. Old meets new, local meets global. What a trip.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

POST HISTORY

RECENT COMMENTS

SEARCH

CONNECT

TwitterLinkedInYouTubePosterousFacebook G+

LEIGH DURST

LEIGH DURST
I’m Leigh Durst, a 20 year veteran in business, operations, customer strategy, ecommerce, digital & social media and marketing. Simply put, I’m a strategist that helps companies (start-up to blue chip) achieve business shift, create more compelling online and offline experiences. I also write, speak and teach about experience design and next-generation business. I’m a futurist, visionary, strategist, doer and connector with a passion for people and helping others. When I’m not on the road, you’ll find me in the San Francisco bay area, working, beaching it and hanging out with my family and dog.

NEW! FEATURED IN

NEW!  FEATURED IN
The Customer Experience Edge

CO-AUTHOR OF

CO-AUTHOR OF
Age of Conversation 3 - Get yours now in hardcover, paperback and for the Kindle.

CONTRIBUTOR TO

CONTRIBUTOR TO
Web Redesign: Workflow that Works